Haiti: The rest of the abducted missionaries have been released by the mob, says the Minister of Justice

Seventeen missionaries representing Christian aid ministries, including 16 Americans and a Canadian, were abducted by gunmen as they drove through the suburbs of Croix des Poonquets, just outside the capital, Port-au-Prince. The group, who were returning from an orphanage, returned to their own site.

Two missionaries Were released November 21. Two weeks later, three more hostages were released, following which the remaining 12 were released Thursday morning.

Haitian security forces said the remaining hostages were released around 5 a.m. in the vicinity of Morne Cabrit and were found by locals who alerted authorities.

The mob, which officials say were responsible for the abductions, demanded the ransom of $ 400 million from the 400 Maoists, according to the then Haitian Justice Minister.

The circumstances surrounding the release were not immediately clear, including whether any ransom had been paid.

Christian Aid Ministries released a statement on Thursday praising the release.

“We glorify God for the prayers that have been answered – the remaining twelve hostages are free! Join us in praising God that seventeen of our loved ones are now safe. Thank you for your heartfelt prayers over the past two months. We hope to provide more information. As much as we can,” the report read.

“I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously” (Exodus 15: 1b), “and it was ended.

This is a growing story – more to come

See also  December trade data, imports and exports

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *